Guardian Angels Medical Service Dogs is proud to announce that they were presented with the Friend and Patriot of the Year Award, presented by the Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hall & Museum Trust. This award was given to our organization to recognize our long-term support of veterans.
Guardian Angels Medical Service Dogs was also presented with the HIRE Vets Platinum Medallion from the US Department of Labor, presented by Secretary of Labor Martin J. Walsh.
- There were only 835 recipients of this award nationally.
- Guardian Angels was one of only 19 Platinum awardees in the State of Florida
- Guardian Angels was the only awardee in our county
- Guardian Angels was one of only 66 Florida companies to receive the HIRE VETS award of any level.
The Honoring Investments in Recruiting and Employing American Military Veterans Act (HIRE Vets Act) Medallion Program is a federal award program that recognizes employers like Guardian Angels Medical Service Dogs. It is based on successfully recruiting, hiring, and retaining veterans. To win this award, Guardian Angels Medical Service Dogs had to meet rigorous employment and veteran integration assistance criteria.
Guardian Angels Medical Service Dogs is honored to be recognized with these prestigious awards and we thank our nationwide community of supporters for helping us continue our mission of serving our veterans by helping them on so many levels.
We are proud to walk the talk!
To learn more about how you can support our mission, visit our Donate page today!
- In the Spotlight: Zach Valentin, Employee of the Year - January 23, 2023
- Featured Recipient Matt Greer and Apollo - January 23, 2023
- 2023 New Years Aspirations for Guardian Angels Medical Service Dogs - January 6, 2023